Monday, April 7, 2014

The Sarcasm Project: aka Trying Not to Run Over People with My Car

For some time now, I've been creating snarky art using vintage ads and adding my own twisted captions.  Mostly to get through menopause . . . that horrible near-decade that no one tells you about.  I mean really, how can they?  The whole menses thing is shocking enough.  If they had told us about menopause we may have decided not to stay long enough to reach it!  But I digress . . .

This is what we wish menopause looked like:



 This is what it actually looks like:

So creating these revamped ads seemed a healthier way of dealing with the insanity and hypersensitivity to scent, sound, and stupidity than driving over people with my car. And then it got to be kind of fun.  After all I'm a consummate smart-ass, so this is really right up my alley - menopause or not. 

I've always loved the illustration art of the 40s and 50s, so this was a way to vent some overactive snark and make some funnies in the process.  And it was pretty successful.  To date I've run over exactly no one with my car.  Well, at least not outside the confines of my mind . . .

Enjoy!

**DISCLAIMER**
If you're sensitive to snark, sarcasm, poor taste, crass observations and/or cursing, this may not be much fun for you and you should probably move along . . . nothing to see here.



In retrospect, I'm thinking this wasn't one of my best Christmases.


This is the profile photo for my Facebook Page, The Sarcasm Project.  Feel free to share!!  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sarcasm-Project/148862861880479


 Probably one of my favorites:


The whole "cougar movement" is lost on me.



My poor hubby never knew which way was up during the 6-8 years it took for it to be over.
 

 *snort*


 I used this one a lot.  I mean . . . A LOT. In my mind, I mean.



I do not take Xanax, but I've wished for some on many occasions.  Fantasy is better than driving over people with your car.



 So very true.


 OK I just like this one.  Just because.

 Sorry . . . 80s flashback.

 Ok, but this one is true.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment