Monday, December 2, 2013

The Traveler Necklace

"Wherever I Go, There I Am"
The Traveler Necklace

A working antique compass with brass case and original beveled glass is the focal point of this piece. From the base of the compass I've hung an antique frosted glass perfume stopper in my own handmade copper bezel. On the antiqued brass chain is an antique barrel skeleton key, a vintage African brass bead with verdigris age patina, and a vintage copper Grotta Azzura (Blue Grotto) Capri souvenir bell charm. I used oxidized steel to create the beaded stations of the chain, and the beads are amazonite, yellow agate, carved horn, and ceramic.


Double S-hook clasps allow you to wear this 34" necklace as a choker by hooking the clasps into the bail of the compass. Focal drops an additional 5" from the chain and measures 1 5/8" at its widest point.

SOLD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment