Monday, December 2, 2013

Keeper of the Queen's Chocolate


If I were Queen, I'd hoard the finest chocolates in the world, and treat them like the most precious of my jewels. There would be a special room - nay, an entire wing - in my castle, dedicated to housing my precious morsels. I'd appoint a Keeper of the Queen's Chocolate to safeguard my treasure from marauding bands of chocolate thieves, and the key to the keep would be a jewel in its own right.

Design details:
A handmade reliquary style open bezel mounting of copper and bronze showcases a vintage rhinestone key brooch with an embossed copper background. Vintage brass stampings frame the focal at the top and bottom, with a faceted genuine topaz and rhinestone dangling from the bottom. Alternating antique gold-filled 1/4" textured flat cable chain and 5/8" wide hammered sterling silver links are the foundation of the neck chain, as well as stations of sterling silver wire wrapped chocolate pearls and another faceted genuine topaz surrounded by vintage rhinestone spacers.

Hand forged sterling silver hook and eye clasp features a single chocolate pearl with vintage rhinestone spacer, dangling from a short gold filled chain. The necklace can be worn shorter by hooking the clasp into any of the links along the chain, and the loose end adds a lovely asymmetrical element when the piece is worn as a choker. Maximum wearable length of 28", the focal dropping an additional 4 1/2".

Available in my Etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment